OrderProUSA has established this Identity Theft Prevention and Security Program to help protect our lenders, consumers, and appraisers we represent generally against identity theft. This program is designed to comply with the requirements of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Federal Trade Commission Act our lenders, consumers, and appraisers with which we do business that OrderProUSA is actively involved in the effort to prevent identity theft and related frauds in mortgage lending.
OrderProUSA Identity Theft Prevention and Security Program
Risk AssessmentOrderProUSA has performed an identity theft risk assessment
and enacted security policies in the following areas:
- Copier Data Security
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
- Documents Security
- Building Security
- Technology Security
- Vendor Management
- Audits of Internal Processes
- Credit Card and Check Processing
Responding to Risks to Prevent and Mitigate Identity Theft or SecurityOrderProUSA has established the following procedures to respond to suspicious activities:
- Immediately halt processing on the appraisal order and notify the lender of the possible fraud.
- Investigate fully by whatever means are available, e.g., police reports, identifying documentation provided by the consumer, etc.
- Designated manager to follow the file until a resolution has been made.
- If OrderProUSA receives a fraud alert by a borrower, lender or appraiser, our staff will take the actions implemented for such cases.
- If OrderProUSA detects an address discrepancy, our staff will take the actions implemented for such cases.
- If OrderProUSA detects any suspicious activities from our lender, consumer or appraiser, our staff will take the actions implemented for such cases.